Tuesday, February 28, 2012

New Sewing Machine / Working Out HARD.

First things first: Let's get the new machine out of the way. I succumbed to a love of new and shiny object and made my first ever purchase from the Home Shopping Network. Yes, I bought a sewing machine without test-driving it first. I based my purchase on the fact that it was a) pretty, b) Singer and c) pretty. Since I had test-driven one of the new Singers back in April, I was pretty confident that it would be a good machine. And it was pretty. Presenting the new black beauty:




















The 160th Anniversary Edition Singer. With optional cat attachment:





















(Hi, Jack!)


The first project I made with it was lightweight wool coat for Miss P.




























After a shopping trip to JoAnn's to find supplies for a work project, Miss P found a pattern for felt fruit that she decided she HAD TO HAVE RIGHT NOW! So yeah, I broke down and made some of those, too.




















Still Life in Fruit

Now on to the fun stuff: A few weeks ago I went to visit my friend Becki's craft show. (By her craft show, I mean she's the one who actually puts the whole thing on - she's amazing). When we first walked in the door we were greeted by a couple of other friends that I know from Stewart's Caring Place that were there to give out information about SCP and to drum up interest in people jumping in a Polar Bear jump to benefit SCP. Now you know me, I'm a sucker for a good cause. Plus, flattery will get you every where with me. One of the girls said "This is totally something you'd do, right?" and so I said I would. Seriously. A polar bear jump. In Ohio. In the winter. I must be crazy, right? (Don't answer that!)

So I posted on a very male-related music forum (I think there's maybe three other women beside me that participate on that board) that I would be doing this jump to raise money for SCP and I promised them that if I raised $300, I would post a pic of me in a bikini. Well, they managed to raise over $400! :eek: I was now on the hook for not only jumping, but posting a pic of me online in a bikini. ('cause I'm so shy, right?) Oh well.

The day was chilly, but not frozen. About 40F, windchill took it to upper 20s. The lake wasn't frozen, just really freakin' cold. Walking the plank:




















Yes, I am insane!




















And she's off! (in more ways than one)




















----------------- And on to the workouts.
Just a few pics of the things I've been working on:

There's a double dutch bus comin' down the street....


















Photobomb!


Oh, and I've registered for the Tough Mudder. I am insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment