Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A couple of past pieces.

As an introductory post to my sewing creations, here are some pictures:

My first sewing project, a FauxBBO Mei Tai carrier for my hubby:


A fancy silk ring sling that was a present for one of my agency's clients:


Miss P, modeling her "Genevieve (Choo Choo Soul)" Costume:



The very first pattern I ever followed. Boy was it a doozy. It was a vintage pattern that had NO markings on it. Just holes.


A shirt for my hubby:



And something more recent, a Belle dress for Miss P. (She's always asking for costumes. I indulge her.)

I don't have any projects currently on-deck. I have a bunch of patterns that I keep looking at in my stash that I really need to attack, including this one:

Vogue 8667.







On the running front: I ran 40 minutes this morning and if the weather holds, I will run home for lunch again today. It's only 1.5 miles, but it's mostly uphill, so it's a good, quick workout. If I were any kind of real runner, I'd probably run back, too. But then I'd be a sweaty mess all afternoon and we just can't have that, now can we. Question, though. The run up one street includes a sharp, but relatively short (maybe four blocks) incline. There's another way to go that includes a more gentle incline, but much longer (closer to 3/4 mile). Which would be better? Keep in mind at the end of the short incline, there's a long downhill stretch that leads to another hill. The long incline just leads to another incline. Hrmmm... What to do, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment