Monday, November 22, 2010

Welcome to my world.

A brief introduction:

Full-time worker bee, mom of one, part-time seamstress, and newbie to the world, nay, cult, of running.

I started running in August of this year doing the C25K app for the iPhone. Why did I start running? Because stupid me agreed, no, insisted on running the 3.5 mile leg of the Road Runner Akron Marathon. Yeah, that was stupid. Of course, I'm not a runner. Not even remotely. But gosh darnit, I was going to run and NOT embarrass myself. Yeah, not so much. I ran my 3.5 miler in 41 minutes. Boo! Hiss! Now I have something to prove to myself - that I'm not pathetic and can handle a stupid 3.5 mile run without having to walk. I haven't done it yet, but I will.

As for the Sew-N-Sew... I started sewing two years ago as a way to "save money" on baby carriers. See, I joined the cult of Babywearing when Miss P was six weeks old and within a couple of months I had spent way too much money buying new and different carriers. I didn't know how to sew, but I looked at what I bought and thought "hey, I can do this!" Untold gazillion dollars later, I'm no longer babywearing, but I am wearing clothes that I made. So is Miss P. So is the hubby, my friends, people I've never met, etc. So even though it's become an expensive* and time-consuming hobby, it's been good for me.

So on to the meat of why I want to do this blog: I need to be accountable to someone. Anyone other than myself. Here's where you come in. I need encouragement. In running, in sewing, in life in general.

Thanks for stopping by.

*by expensive, I mean I bought myself a stupid expensive ($2600) serger for my 40th birthday. Now that's an expensive hobby.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm looking forward to seeing what you sew ... and encouraging you with your running. A $2,600 serger sounds wonderful - an excellent birthday present for youself!

    ReplyDelete