Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Feeding the Obsession / Cyber Monday Shopping

Thanks to Vogue's CyberMonday sale, I broke down and bought five patterns that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. First up, V1197.

Looks easy enough.

Next, V8413.

And V8593.

And because Miss P doesn't have enough costumes, M6184.

Last but not least, M5890.

Now if I actually sew up any of these, that's a whole different story.

I also managed to find not one, but THREE presents for the hubby. So I have Christmas and his birthday covered! Yay!


Not much running yesterday or today. Monday on my run home for lunch my calves started cramping about a half mile from home. I tried walking it off, but it just hurt. Bummer. I ate a banana and all seems well, so I'm just guessing I was low on the potassium. Yesterday I didn't get in a run because the girl decided to visit us in bed around 2am, where she proceeded to kick and hit at me. I'm pretty sure she was asleep. So I took her back to her room and put her back in bed. And while I was doing that, my back wrenched, so I ended up just lying down on her floor until 5am, wherein I made it back to my room to go back to sleep. And she promptly followed. The alarm went off at 5:45. *sigh* I was beat, so I stayed in bed until 6:30 and decided to at least hit the elliptical for a half an hour. 20 minutes into that, my dad came down to tell me he was leaving. Whuck? So I got off the machine and came up to help him get his stuff together. He left (he said he'd be back by the 18th, so he will at least be here for Christmas) and by then it was time to get ready for work. I was already exhausted and would've preferred to go to work and come home and go straight to bed (or for a run), but I agreed to go see Billy Elliott with the in-laws on the annual Ladies Night Out adventure. So instead of relaxing after work, I went straight to dinner (lousy service, good food... hate that) and to the show. I didn't get home and to bed until midnight. *sigh* That makes for a very long day.

This morning when the alarm went off at 5:45, I turned it off and went back to sleep. Got up with the 6:15 alarm and went down to do some time on the elliptical. Of course as soon as I got down there I hear P on the monitor crying that "daddy won't let me out!" -- yes, hubby put up the baby gate on her door so she couldn't come down in the middle of the night. So I went up and got her out and she wanted to come down and work out with me, which of course means I have to watch Agent OSO... which totally blows. So I did 20 mins on the elliptical and 15 mins on the EZRider doing arm work. But no running. :(

Even though it's started snowing, I think I'll go home a bit early today and do a run through the cemetery behind my house. I need to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment